Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011)

I saw this movie at the theater for free with my friend. It was really dumb. It is apparently about this dumb kid who likes to yell at Miss Congeniality 2 and also the old guy from Strange Brew. They live in a fictional version of New York City where no one kidnaps kids and no one questions what kind of parent lets their kid wander around the city all by himself. The movie tries to trick you into thinking the kid is smart, but if he's so smart, why is he on a New York subway alone at 3 in the morning????????? Also this movie takes that phrase "9/11 Never Forget" to a whole new level by having the guy from Turner & Hooch (not Reginald VelJohnson) remind us that it happened again and again every ten minutes. Some people were crying in the theater after it was over, probably because they could have watched War Horse or Turner & Hooch instead. I wish I had. I didn't even eat a snack, so it was a total disaster. I'm not sure if my brother saw it. I'll have to ask him.

no stars/*****

No comments:

Post a Comment